Posted by LucidStream
A Quick Tutorial For Entering Customers Into Your 3dCart Online Store Manager
By Shana Whitmarsh at LucidStream
Are you are collecting new customer sign-ups offline at events and trade shows or in your retail store? Now that you have all of that useful contact information from your target audience, it would be shame to let the leads pile up for weeks or months before you contact them. Even if data entry is not your cup of tea, entering new customers in 3dCart is quick and painless process. As a general rule, you should enter new customers into your e-commerce store, creating new accounts for them as soon as possible so they can start shopping on your site. If you’re getting frequent offline signups, you may want to schedule data entry for once a week. Once customers are entered into your store, you should send them an email notifying them to visit your website to log into their new accounts.
Here’s how to enter new customers into your 3dCart ecommerce store and create groups for them.
You’ll need to create the groups first, then enter the customers and assign them to their group.
Since you’ll be updating this list periodically, perhaps weekly or monthly, create new groups by date, such as “New Customers – Week of January 23, 2012.”
First, log into your store admin panel.
1. Go to Marketing>Mailing Manager> Subscription Groups
- Click the Add Group button at top right
- Name the group in the next window, then click Save.
2. Then go to Customers>Add New
- Add as much information as they’ve provided (email is the most important)
- Click the box next to “Mail List” – this will subscribe them to your email newsletter list
- For new customer accounts, use one password that you create for all new accounts, because they will need to log in and change it (select something easy to remember like “importantcustomer”)
- Be sure to select the Group from the drop-down menu in each customer’s account to assign them to the group you just created.
3. Send them an email newsletter telling them to log in and update their account info.
- Go to Marketing>Mailing Manager>Newsletters
- Click Edit next to the email newsletter template that you have created for in-store signups.
- In the next window, you’ll see the email newsletter content.
- Make sure the “from:” and “reply to” address are from a real person (not “customer service” or “orders” due to spam constraints)
- Make sure the subject says what you want it to – it’s o.k. to change it.
- Click on WYSIWYG Mode on/off to see the graphic view and not the code.
- Make your changes to the text in the email – be sure to enter the password that you assigned when setting up customer groups so that customers can log in with their email address and that temporary password.
- Make any changes to the text version below.
- Click the Save button at top right.
- Now, click the Send button next to the email newsletter you just updated.
- In Screen 1, select the new group you created.
- Click Continue to Step 2
- In Step 2 enter the email address where you want to send a test email so you can see what it looks like before sending it out to everyone in the group.
- If everything looks good, click the Continue to Step 3 button to send your email to your group.
4. Later, after sending the email, you can see who viewed the email newsletter:
- Go to Marketing>Mailing Manager>Newsletters and click the Report button.
- In the next window, you will be able to see the date, how many newsletters were opened and any sales that resulted from sending them.
Additional information: Helpful links in 3dCart’s Knowledgebase to learn more about how to enter new customers into your 3dCart:
Need some help with your 3dCart e-commerce store? LucidStream can help!
3dCart is a great do-it-yourself e-commerce system but everyone needs a little help sometimes. That’s where LucidStream comes in. We can help you upgrade your 3dCart e-commerce store or set you up quickly with a new online store. Contact us through the form below or call LucidStream at 888-508-0575. Visit LucidStream’s website, where you can view our work with custom e-commerce design and development on 3dCart’s platform. LucidStream is a Platinum Certified 3dCart Partner . Our e-commerce services include:
- Video e-commerce: live and on-demand streaming video for e-commerce
- Custom e-commerce design and development on 3dCart’s platform
- Complete e-commerce setup including helping new merchants with shipping and merchant account providers
- API and custom programming services
- Online marketing and promotions planning and execution for e-commerce store owners
- Email marketing campaign management
- Social network profile setup and visual branding (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google +1)
- Free training and ongoing support
This article about how to enter customers into 3dCart was written by Shana Whitmarsh at LucidStream.
Tags: #ecommerce, 3dCart, 3dCart Certified Design Partner, 3dCart help, 3dCart support, create-customer-emails, Email address, Email marketing, how-to-create-customer-accounts, how-to-enter-customers-in-3dCart, Internet marketing, lucid-stream, lucidstream, lucidstream-e-commerce-design, managing-customers-in-3dcart, Newsletter, Shana Whitmarsh, Social network