Category Archives: Adding Brands and Manufacturers
Posted by LucidStream
3dCart How To: Add Manufacturers or Brands to Your E-Commerce Store
A tutorial to help you learn how to add new manufacturer names or brand names to your online store.
By Shana Whitmarsh at LucidStream
Need help with adding new product lines or popular brand labels to your e-commerce store? This quick refresher will help you do it quickly and it’s worth your time because you’ll make more sales! Adding manufacturers or brands and associating products to them helps your customers drill down quickly by manufacturer or brand name to find the product they’re looking for.
It’s not hard for you to add manufacturer or brand names to your online store, here’s a quick tutorial:
- Go to Settings>General>Manufacturers
- Click the “Add New” button
- 3dCart will create a new area for the manufacturer/brand you want to add. Type in the brand name.
- Click the “Add” button
- You will see a new window with the brand/manufacturer name and other blank fields where you can enter the manufacturer/brand name, sorting order, keywords for your search meta tags and add a logo or page header. Click “Save” when you’re finished making your changes.
- Do you have an alphabetical list of brands already? To add a number under “Order“, click the “Edit” button next to the name you want to work with.
- In the page that opens for the manufacturer or brand you’re updating, look for the “Sorting” field. In the “Sorting” field, add a number that reflects where you want the new manufacturer listing to appear in the alphabetical list on the website’s left category or dropdown (the appearance depends on the layout you’re using in the online store). If you already have a numbered sequence for sorting, add an extra number. Example 1, 2, 3, 33(new brand), 4, 5, etc.
- Click the Tag Wizard to add the description and metatag keywords in the pop-up window for metatags, so that search engines will index the new page. Type in the description, short description and keywords for the brand and click “Add Metatags” when you’re done.
- To add a logo that appears at the top of the page for the brand, upload a manufacturer logo to your images folder in the store admin and type in the path.
- To add a header image instead that appears at the top of the web page for the brand, select an image with a logo from your manufacturer artwork, paying attention to the image size of the other brand images so that you can keep your design consistent. Contact LucidStream if you’d like some help with design.
If you have already added products that you want to associate with the new manufacturer that you’ve just added, here’s how to associate the products to manufacturers or brand names
- Go to Products>View/Edit
- Click the Filter button
- In Keyword Search, since you entered the product name, you can search by the brand you want to associate products to
- Click Edit next to the product you want to update
- In each product, select the drop-down menu item for Manufacturer and select the brand name you want to apply to the product
- Click the Save button
- Click Next to go to the next product in the group and repeat these steps until you’ve associated all of the products to the new manufacturer or brand that you’ve added
When you add manufacturers or brand names to your 3dCart e-commerce store, they’ll appear on the left hand side of the store layout, either as a list or in a drop-down menu. The default language for this feature is “manufacturer.” If you want to change it to say “brands” instead, here’s how:
- Go to Settings>Design>Store Language
- Scroll down the Store Language page until you find Manufacturer
- Change the language in the field to say what you want (in this case, “Shop By Brand”)
- Once you change this language, it will appear in the heading for the module on the left hand side of your online store, with the manufacturer or brand names that you’ve entered in your online store manager
Here’s how to add a logo to the top of your manufacturer or brand pages if you’d rather show a logo at the top instead of a header image or text.
We hope that you find this article helpful! Please let us know if you have any questions or would like to add some comments about your experiences adding brands and manufacturers in your 3dCart e-commerce store.
Would you like more help with your 3dCart?
LucidStream can help you fine-tune your current 3dCart e-commerce store or get you set up quickly with a new online store. Let us know more about what you need by contacting us through the form below or call LucidStream at 888-508-0575. Visit the LucidStream website, where you can view our work with custom e-commerce design and development on 3dCart’s platform. LucidStream is a Platinum Certified 3dCart Partner . Our e-commerce services include:
- Video e-commerce: live and on-demand streaming video for e-commerce
- Custom e-commerce design and development on 3dCart’s platform
- Complete setup including helping new merchants with shipping and merchant account providers
- API and custom programming services
- Online marketing and promotions planning and execution for e-commerce store owners
- Email marketing campaign management
- Social network profile setup and visual branding (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google +1)
- Free training and ongoing support
This 3dCart tutorial for how to add manufacturers or brand names in 3dCart was written by Shana Whitmarsh at LucidStream.
Tags: #ecommerce, 3dCart, 3dCart Certified Design Partner, 3dCart help, 3dCart support, add brands, add manufacturers, associate products to brands or manufacturers, associate products to categories, Brand, consulting, e-commerce, Electronic commerce, how-to, lucid, lucidstream, lucidstream-search, Meta element, Online shopping, Peter Whitmarsh, product associations, products, Search algorithm, Shana Whitmarsh, tech support, technology, tutorials, Web page